Sunday, September 28, 2008

Swiss Days

We thought that we had better go to St. George for the last time this year before the snow starts. So I pick the weekend of Swiss Days. Growing up we would go to swiss days every year. My swiss mormon pioneer ancestors are settlers of Santa Clara.
My two brothers and my sister ran in the 5K which meant waking up at 5:30 on a saturday morning to run for fun. Matt didn't run because why would anybody want to he said. But atleast he was there watching me. I was the 16th person...well girl...in my age group but out of 350 people I was 122th. Brad, Jayme and I all ran together and Cody was about 6 mintues in front of us. We did it in 31 mintues which I was just glad that I made it without stopping.
After the run there was a pancake breakfast.
To cool off because it was still 96 degrees down there was went swimming in my brothers pool. We mostly just played keep away which was really fun. The swimming came to an end when my nephew swallowed too much water and throw up in the pool.
Later that night we celebrated my 22nd birthday(which is really oct. 6th but I don't mind having two parties). My whole family together and even Matt's parents were able to be there. I like this picture Matt looks like he can't wait for me to blow out those candles. I had such a great weekend spending time with my family. Thanks Matt for working 11 days in a row for me just so we could take those 3 days off. Love you!





5 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

Sounds like fun, I am really impressed with your tower!

Suzanne Plant said...

I am glad you had fun -- makes me wish I had gone!

Dustin & Angie Drake said...

Let me know when you post this weekend's pics on MySpace. I want some copies of some with Jake. Thanks for chillin' with us this weekend!

Sherilyn said...

Seriously, why would anyone want to run for fun! More power to you! Looking forward to the b-day bash. I hope there is a cheese ball involved.

Six Angels said...

Way to go on the run! I am sorry we missed you when you came over!!!