
Valentine's Day was good, but the day before was crazy. We were making fudge & cookies & all sorts of sweets. Right when we finished cooking the last batch of cookies the power went out for about 4 hours. The snowstorm was so bad that they closed the roads by my house and Annie, Sherilyn, Aidan, Mikell plus Suzanne, Ryan, Michael, Abby & Loo Loo all were stuck here. It was quite an eye opener how important it is to have food storage and ways to heat our food. Even just for those short hours we couldn't heat a bottle for the baby or make food or watch TV. We had candles everywere so atleast we stayed warm. One road cleared up so that Annie could get home but everyone else stayed the night. I couldn't imagine if it was an earthquake and the power was out for longer or the roads were so torn up that no one could make it home. I guess it was a test for us to get better prepard for lifes' little surprises.
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun sleepover! Glad to see you have a blog. I still can't believe how much you and Mikel look alike!
Cute blog! And that storm was sooo crazy! My parents were stuck in the road up here, just down the street, and had to leave their car overnight. E didn't get home from work until 10! It was definitely a storm to remember...and it has made us think of how we need to prepare!
Thanks for letting us crash at your pad. We'll have to do it again for the next storm. I'll bring the fudge!
Hey Chalyn, sorry I just got your messgae from last night so I just thought I would check out your blog and leave mine here for you, it is stefandaaron.blogspot.com, I love your blog it's cute! That night of the storm we couldn't make it home either we stayed at Aarons parents house in Draper, we didn't make it home until valentines day at abuot 6:00 pm or so.
Post a Comment